ONTV channel guides
After unpacking your system, install it into your headend. It can mount into a 19" equipment rack or may be set on a suitable rack shelf. Ensure that the room is climatically controlled and clean of debris or dust.
- Video: Included in the installation package you will find a 6' audio and video cable. Connect the yellow RCA cable to the yellow composite video port on the back of the units? video card. Connect the other end of this cable to the video input of the modulator to be used for the channel guide service. (If the service you have chosen also includes the Concierge community channel, please proceed to that section for connecting its video before proceeding)
- Audio: Included you will also find a shorter "Y" audio cable. This "Y" cable has a 3.5mm mini connector on one end and red and white RCA connectors on the other end. Plug the 3.5mm end into the green audio out connector on the back of the unit. Connect the red and white RCA connectors of this cable to the red and white connectors of the 6' audio video cable. Finally, connect the red and white RCA connectors of the other end of the audio video cable into the audio input(s) of the channel guide modulator.
- Data Connection:
- Fast - high speed Internet - Provide ONTV with the IP information. If ordered, we will include the pre-configured Internet kit with your unit. Connect the unit to any LAN port of the router provided in the Internet kit. Connect the WAN port of the router to your provided Internet connection. If the unit will be behind a firewall, please make sure that TCP ports 20 and 21 and TCP/UDP ports 5631-5634 are not blocked and are forwarding.
- Slow - dialup modem - The phone line needs to be a direct line, not an extension. Connect the phone line to the back of the units modem port "Line" or "Telco". Do not connect to the "Phone" port. Provide ONTV with the phone number.
- Power: As the unit runs on a pc based platform, its power should be connected to a UPS/battery backup for maximum stability and performance. Power surges or damage to the unit or OS may void your warranty.
You are now ready to power on your unit. Turn on the power switch, your system will boot up automatically. More than likely your guide will not have program data yet. You may log into the web administration at www.myontv.com and "Update" your system. Within moments you will see the unit restart and your guide will now have full program data.